The following table shows the different types of tickets and their prices.
|Early Bird||€75||20 tickets available
(use code EARLYBIRD with Individual ticket)
|Corporate||€150||Choose this if your employer is sending you (self-employment included)|
|Speaker||Free!||Available to all confirmed speakers|
|Student||€50||A valid student card must be sent to email@example.com before registration is confirmed|
|Unemployed||€50||Valid proof of unemployment must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before registration is confirmed|
All prices include VAT.
A free postgresql.org community account is required for each person wishing to register. If you do not have an account, you will be prompted to create one during the registration process.
- Access to all sessions during the conference
- An amazing hallway track
- Delicious lunch and plenty of coffee with snacks
- Good looking conference swag
The registration fee depends on the type of registration. It must be paid in advance using one of the approved methods. Please verify that your payment has been received within one week of paying it (by checking the status on the registration form), and contact us if it hasn’t.
Once your registration and payment have been confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email. The email is sent from email@example.com so make sure to add it to your contacts list to avoid it reaching your spam folder.
You can pay using Credit Card (Mastercard, Visa or American Express), PayPal, Trustly or IBAN bank transfer. If you have a company department making the payments, please see the section on paying somebody else’s invoice. If you plan to register many attendees to be paid for by the same person, please see the section on Registering for somebody else.
PostgreSQL Europe has been VAT registered in France since 2016, all registrations will therefore include 20% VAT. For more information about VAT on our invoices, please see the VAT FAQ on PostgreSQL Europe’s website.
Invoices and receipts
When you have filled out your details in the registration form, an invoice will be automatically generated for you. An invoice is generated regardless of which payment method you choose. Once an invoice has been generated, it can no longer be changed, so make sure you validate that it has any required company information on it. If it is incorrect, you can cancel the invoice, change the details and generate a new one. Note that once an invoice has been paid, it can no longer be canceled or changed in any way.
Once your payment has completed, you will receive a PDF copy of your receipt using email, and it will also be available for download on the registration page. This normally only takes a few minutes after your payment has completed, but it is not sent until the process is complete so in particular with some slow payment methods such as bank transfer, there may be a significant delay.
Paying with bank transfer
We generally recommend using one of the online payment methods available (Credit Card, Trustly or PayPal) as these payments complete immediately and have a fully automated workflow that makes it much harder for mistakes to happen. However, as we realize some people prefer a traditional bank transfer for payment, we provide this option as well. There are a few special things to note about this processing:
- Our payment management is outsourced to our payment provider, so we cannot actually see the state of your payment until it’s completed.
- If any data in the transfer is incorrectly entered, the transfer will automatically returned to the sending account with no extra information, and we are never notified of it.
- In particular, do not use the invoice number as the payment reference. The payment reference is a long random-looking string provided by our payment provider.
- As this processing is handled entirely by our payment provider, the payment reference information and bank account details can not be printed on the invoice, and we do not have the ability to find them out for you. The information is provided during the payment flow, and must be saved at that time.
- Payment must be made in exact amount of Euros. If you are making the payment from outside the Euro zone, make sure that your bank submits the exact Euro amount, with no rounding.
- Payment must be completed by the deadline listed on the invoice. This means it must have reached our payment provider and have been processed by them. Do not set payment date to be the date on the invoice - instead make sure the invoice is paid immediately, to allow for the many delays in the banking system.
If you need to cancel your registration after you have paid, please contact us via email for manual handling. The refund we can offer depends on when you cancel so please cancel as soon as you know you won’t be able to make it to the event.
|Cancel on or before||Refund|
|February 24, 2022||100%|
|March 3, 2022||50%|
|March 10, 2022||25%|
Cancellations on or after March 17, 2022 cannot be refunded. All cancellations incur a €10 administration fee.
Tickets purchased with the discount code “BLIND” are not refundable.
Registration is personal, and there is no facility for transferring it. We do however allow a registration to be transferred to another individual within the same organisation when there is a legitimate reason which prevents participation. The transfer carries an administrative charge of €20. Contact us for assistance with transferring an existing, and paid for, registration.
Registering for somebody else
If you want to make a registration for somebody else (one or more people, such as registering a group of people from the same company), you can use the "register for somebody else" functionality. You will find the link in the registration area, once you logged in with your personal account. Fill out the individual registration forms for each of the persons you want to register, and then generate a shared invoice for all of them. Note that this shared invoice must be paid under the same terms as any other invoice, using the same payment methods and deadlines.
If the attendee being registered already has a community account in the system, the registration will be automatically attached to that account. The account is matched by comparing the email address. If they do not have an account, they will receive an email with instructions for how to create one and attach the registration, should they wish (account creation is not mandatory, but it is recommended in order to be able to access all features).
Paying somebody else’s invoice
If you need to make a registration where somebody else (such as a company finance department) makes the payment, this is of course also possible. In this scenario, make sure that you follow this process:
- The person attending the conference makes and completes the registration form logged in using their personal account.
- Once the registration details are filled out, proceed to generate the invoice for the registration.
- Once the invoice is generated, there will be a field at the bottom of the invoice specification labeled External link. This link should be sent to the person paying the invoice.
- The person paying the invoice can then access the invoice using this link without logging in, and proceed to make the payment using credit card, PayPal, Trustly or IBAN bank transfer.
Buying vouchers for others
Finally, you can also buy a set of vouchers to be given to others. In this case you buy a fixed number of tickets, and receive codes that can be used for free registration using them. Vouchers can only be used for main conference access (no training, though training can be independently added to the ticket later), and no refund is provided for unused vouchers.
If you are interested in purchasing vouchers, please contact us for instructions on how to proceed.
If you have any questions at all regarding registration or payments, don’t hesitate to contact us.